Parcel to Austria
If you use a courier to Austria with Postage Planet, you can rest easy knowing your parcel is in the hands of a world leading courier. Here at Postage Planet we correspond with only the most reliable International courier services, including Parcelforce, DHL, FedEx, and DPD, getting you the cheapest shipping prices for delivery to Austria while still getting the great service you deserve.
Whether you are sending business documents or parcels to Vienna or goods from your Ebay, Amazon and Etsy sales to Salzburg and Innsbruck or you want to send personal gifts to family and friends in Wolfberg, we offer a fully tracked, secure service. If you need any advice or guidance during either the booking or the delivery process, Postage Planet customer service team offers expert and highly trained assistance from a UK based service centre.
A number of international organisations have their headquarters in Austria. These include:
· United Nations (UN)
· Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)
· Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
· Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
More than 350 internationally active companies have their Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) headquarters in Vienna.
Benefits for UK businesses exporting to Austria include:
· open to new products
· English widely spoken amongst professional people
· strategic position as link between western and eastern European markets
· less than 2 hours away by plane
· low cost flights between Austria and UK
· starting point for access into CEE
Strengths of the market
· well educated workforce
· important tourist destination
· all major international legal and accountancy firms represented
· politically stable
· well-developed infrastructure
UK exports to Austria were valued at €2.3 billion in 2014, up from €2 billion in 2013.
The UK’s main exports are:
· automotive products
· Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
· chemical products
· dyes and plastics
· machines and metal
· medical and surgical equipment
Opportunities exist in the provision of:
Prohibitions and restrictions vary from country to country, and can sometimes apply to items which you may think are ordinary. The information below is provided in good faith, but Postage Planet is not responsible for it, and it should be viewed as a guide only. Specific restrictions and changes may be enforced at short notice, so for clarification please contact the destination country's trade, postal, and customs authorities as appropriate.
Most items you can send through the UK and the EU you can send to Austria. However, there are a few specified bans on animal products, including: