Parcel to the Dominican Republic
Sending a parcel International can appear to be a complicated and confusing process, and to some destinations it is, but with years of experience in shipping all over the world, here at Postage Planet we have created the simple international shipping solution, you can do everything on-line 24 hours a day.
Postage Planet is on-hand to make parcel delivery to the Dominican Republic as easy and affordable as possible. Whether to Santo Domingo, Puerto Plata or even Moca you can count on Postage Planet to get you cheap parcel delivery there with a truly reliable service.
We correspond with some of the world’s top international courier services including Parcelforce, FedEx and DHL, to ensure that our customers get the best possible prices without compromising on the service
Prohibitions and restrictions vary from country to country, and can sometimes apply to items which you may think are ordinary. The information below is provided in good faith, but Postage Planet is not responsible for it, and it should be viewed as a guide only. Specific restrictions and changes may be enforced at short notice, so for clarification please contact the destination country's trade, postal, and customs authorities as appropriate. Business customers are strongly recommended to do this.
Prohibited items when sending to the Dominican Republic;
For more information on sending items to the Dominican Republic please click the link below;
Thinking of travelling to the Dominican Republic, you can find lots of useful information below;
Dominican Republic export overview
The Dominican Republic has the largest economy in the Caribbean and Central American region. It has a Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of USD61.3 billion. It’s a developing country primarily dependent on agriculture, trade, tourism and services.
The country’s strategic geographic position, ports and airports allow easy access to the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Benefits for British businesses exporting to the Dominican Republic include:
· low wage costs
· English widely spoken as a business language
· strong legal framework
· direct flights from UK to Punta Cana and routes via Paris, Madrid or the US into Santo Domingo
· free trade agreement with the European Union (EU)
· no exchange controls
· open economy with strong appetite for imported goods and technology
· stable political environment
· currency stability
· modern transportation infrastructure
· advanced and reliable telecommunications infrastructure
· UK and the Dominican Republic trade
The UK is the sixth largest foreign direct investor with a total value invested of USD 1.0 billion. UK exports were valued £78.9 million in 2014, up from £70 million in 2013.
Top 10 UK exports to the Dominican Republic in 2014:
· beverages (mainly whisky)
· books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry
· road vehicles (including air cushion vehicles)
· boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances
· glass and glassware
· plastics and plastic products
· electrical machinery and equipment and parts thereof
· pharmaceutical products
· tanning or dyeing extracts
· organic chemicals