Parcel to Greece
International shipping can appear to be a complicated and confusing process, and to some destinations it is, but with years of experience in shipping all over the world, here at Postage Planet we have created the simple international shipping solution, you can do everything on-line 24 hours a day.
Postage Planet is on-hand to make parcel delivery to Greece as easy and affordable as possible. Whether to Athens, Patras or Larisa you can count on Postage Planet to get you cheap parcel delivery to China with a truly reliable service.
We correspond with some of the world’s top international courier services including Parcelforce, DPD, FedEx and DHL, to ensure that our customers get the best possible prices without compromising on the service
Many UK companies are active in Greece including Vodafone, Dixons, Marks & Spencer, Unilever, GlaxoSmithKline, British Airways and Astra Zeneca.
There are around 35,000 British citizens living in Greece.
Benefits for UK businesses exporting to Greece include:
· close educational and cultural links between the UK and Greece
· British products and services are well received provided prices are competitive
Strengths of the Greek market include:
· over 20 million tourists visit Greece every year with about 2 million from the UK
· rich in natural resources
· highly educated and skilled workforce
· strong entrepreneurial tradition
· low labour costs
UK and Greece trade
Greece remains an important market for British goods and services. This is despite a decline in UK exports over the last 4 years as a result of the debt crisis.
Greece is the UK’s 43rd largest export market for goods. In 2015 UK exports to Greece were worth £2.2 billion (£0.9 billion goods and £1.3 billion services).
Top 10 UK exports to Greece:
· medicinal and pharmaceutical products
· miscellaneous manufactured articles
· petroleum and petroleum products
· clothing and clothing accessories
· road vehicles
· oils, resinoids and perfume materials
· telecommunications and sound recording equipment
· electrical machinery and appliances
· general industrial machinery and equipment
UK services exports to Greece are shared roughly equally between business, travel, transportation and financial services.
UK food and drink exports to Greece in 2014 were worth almost £90 million. There are particular opportunities for:
Prohibitions and restrictions
Prohibitions and restrictions vary from country to country, and can sometimes apply to items which you may think are ordinary. The information below is provided in good faith, but Postage Planet is not responsible for it, and it should be viewed as a guide only. Specific restrictions and changes may be enforced at short notice, so for clarification please contact the destination country's trade, postal, and customs authorities as appropriate. Business customers are strongly recommended to do this.Prohibited from import in Greece
• Meat and milk and any items thereof from non-EU countries with the exception of limited amounts from Andorra, Croatia, the Faeroe Islands, Greenland, Iceland and small amounts of specific products from other countries
• Protected species and products thereof as listed by the CITES (Washington Convention) for example ivory, tortoise shell, coral, reptile skin, wood from Amazonian forests.
For further information please click the below link;