Postage Restrictions to France
If you need to send a parcel to France, be it to Paris for business or sending a gift to family in Toulouse why not book with Postage Planet and benefit from our renowned customer service and great prices which start from just £17.99.
At Postage Planet we deliver parcels around the world and we understand how important it is to provide a fast and affordable international courier service.
Sending a parcel has never been easier with our simple online booking system. Enter your parcel dimensions and weight and then choose from a wide range of couriers including Parcelforce, DHL and DPD to name a few which can all be booked online 24 hours a day using paypal or credit card payment you can then print your label and take your parcel to your nearest post office or a courier will collect your parcel from your door.
Prohibitions and restrictions vary from country to country, and can sometimes apply to items which you may think are ordinary. The information below is provided in good faith, but Postage Planet is not responsible for it, and it should be viewed as a guide only. Specific restrictions and changes may be enforced at short notice, so for clarification please contact the destination country's trade, postal, and customs authorities as appropriate. Business customers are strongly recommended to do this.
Prohibited products are not permitted in the mail under any circumstances.
• Live animals
• All live animals, except bees and leeches.
• Live trees and other plants; bulbs, roots and the like; cut flowers and ornamental foliage
• Live plants, flower bulbs and cut flowers contaminated by parasites considered to be dangerous to crops
• Edible vegetables and certain roots and tubers
• Other vegetables, plants, roots and edible tubers contaminated by parasites considered to be dangerous to crops.
• Oil seeds and oleaginous fruits; miscellaneous grains, seeds and fruit; industrial or medicinal plants; straw and fodder
• Cotton seeds.
• Seeds for sowing contaminated by parasites considered to be dangerous to crops.
• Vegetable plaiting materials; vegetable products not elsewhere specified or included
• Vegetable colouring matter.
• Inorganic chemicals; organic or inorganic compounds of precious metals, of rare-earth metals, of radioactive elements or of isotopes
• Radioactive materials.
• Tanning or dyeing extracts; tannins and their derivatives; dyes, pigments and other colouring matter; paints and varnishes; putty and other mastics; inks
• Colouring matter.
• Explosives; pyrotechnic products; matches; pyrophoric alloys; certain combustible preparations
• Substances considered to be inflammable or dangerous.
• Propellant powders.
• Detonators. Mercury detonating caps.
• Flares and rockets.
• Wood and articles of wood; wood charcoal
• Chestnut timber. Bark from resinous timber.
• Resinous timber covered wholly or partly with its bark.
• Printed books, newspapers, pictures and other products of the printing industry; manuscripts, typescripts and plans
• Publications harmful to young people.
• Works contrary to public order.
• Obscene or immoral articles.
• Banknotes: Prohibited in ordinary parcels.
• Coins that are current & legal tender in France
• Currency notes, bearer securities: These articles may travel only in insured parcels except when received from, or sent to, a country that does not accept insured items.
• Precious metals
• Foreign lottery material.
• Wadding, felt and non-woven; special yarns; twine, cordage, ropes and cables and articles thereof
• Metallised yarn with or of gold thread.
• Special woven fabrics; tufted textile fabrics; lace; tapestries; trimmings; embroidery
• Trimmings with, or of, gold thread.
• Glass and glassware
• Tube feeding bottles, pearls coated with lead salts.
• Natural or cultured pearls, precious or semi-precious stones, precious metals, metals clad with precious metal and articles thereof; imitation jewellery; coin; cash and currencies
• Pearls coated with lead salts.
• Optical, photographic, cinematographic, measuring, checking, precision, medical or surgical instruments and apparatus; parts and accessories thereof
• Lightning conductors containing radio-elements.
• Arms and ammunition; parts and accessories thereof
• Charged military and shotgun cartridges.
• Toys, games and sports requisites; parts and accessories thereof
• The importation of certain machines for games based on chance, and in some cases skill, is unconditionally prohibited.