Parcelforce Delivery Information
About Parcelforce Worldwide
Over 25 years in the making we have a long history as part of the Royal Mail Group, but in 1986 Royal Mail created a separate parcel function forming the foundations of the business we know today. In 1990 Royal Mail Parcels was rebranded to Parcelforce, along with a massive investment in IT and infrastructure with the introduction of online tracking and the construction of our National and International sorting hubs. Then in 1998 the business was rebranded to Parcelforce Worldwide. The last decade has seen us move into the express parcels market with further investment in technology which enables us to provide our exceptional quality of service. In 2013 we continued investing in the future of our business, enabling us to further enhance our network with 12 new and improved depots. Along with building a brand new processing centre in the North West with industry leading technology; ensuring that we can continue to handle your parcels with greater speed and precision, so we are best placed to meet the rapid growth in demand within the express parcels market.
We operate a hub and spoke collection and delivery system with 54 depots across the UK feeding three highly automated tracking and sorting centres (two of which are in the Midlands and one in the North West).
The National Centre
- Covers 24,000 square metres and is a quarter of a mile in length
- Designed to handle 58,500 parcels per hour
- Scanning technology offering 270 degree bar code reading stations
- At peak times we take delivery of a fully loaded vehicle every 45 seconds
- On site learning resource centre adds to the development of our staff
The International Centre
- Covers 12,500 square metres
- Processes 35,000 parcels (import and export) per day to 240 countries and territories worldwide
- Handles more than 7 million parcels every year
- Overhead scanners and volumetric measuring technology assist staff in efficient sortation and fast processing
- A dedicated Inbound Customs Clearance team
- 11 'rapidscan' x-ray machines ensure that international regulations and tight security are always maintained
The North West Processing Centre
- A 14 acre site with room to expand
- Using the latest Vanderlande cross belt sorting equipment
- Designed to handle 13,800 parcels per hour
Advanced camera technology for scanning, video coding and optical character recognition
Parcelforce Worldwide offers a wide range of courier services to suit your needs. We pride ourselves on offering courier services that are as flexible and convenient as possible for our customers. We’re focused on reliable parcel delivery with a personal touch offering a huge range of services and access points.
Our dedicated team delivers every parcel with care. We’re all about reliable parcel delivery with a personal touch offering a huge range of services and access points. You only pay for the speed you need – you can take our quality for granted.
Collection and drop off options
We offer a wide range of collection and delivery options when you book, providing you with the ability to choose the most convenient options for you and the recipient of your parcel.
Whether you would like your parcel to be collected, or if you would prefer to drop it off at a Post Office, we can provide you with the option you prefer.
International Parcel Delivery
Looking for an international courier? You will find everything you need to make the world feel much smaller. We offer reliable international delivery tailored to local conditions. You enjoy an unbeatable choice of speed and value. We go almost everywhere, through trusted delivery partners with expert knowledge.
We send to many international countries including;
Africa, Australia, Caribbean and West Indies, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, United States, Canada, Russia, Mexico, Jamaica, Japan, Brazil and Egypt.
Items we exclude from compensation
Please be aware that the following goods are excluded from compensation:
Compensation for loss or damage will not be paid if parcels are strapped together or bound to another parcel.
Any dangerous, prohibited or restricted goods where you do not comply with the relevant terms and conditions, or goods sent in breach of sanctions.
- Money, coins, financial documents (money’s equivalent)
This includes bankers drafts, current bank notes, currency notes or coins, postal orders, cheques or dividend warrants, bearer securities including share warrants, scripts or subscription certificates, bonds or relative coupons, unfranked postage stamps or revenue stamps (except a revenue stamp embossed or impressed on an instrument which has been executed), coupons, vouchers, tokens, lottery tickets, scratch cards or similar items which can be exchanged themselves or with any other item for money, goods or services, national insurance stamps. Out of circulation coins (not made of gold or silver) are classed as collectables.
- Negotiable documents
- Stamps, unobliterated postage or revenue stamps. Out of circulation stamps are treated as collectables for compensation purposes
- All tickets, including travel and events, or tickets which are exchangeable for goods or services e.g. airline tickets
- Antiques (objects over 100 years old)
- Articles made largely or wholly of gold, silver or other precious metals
- Diamonds and other precious stones
- Fur (except imitation)
- Jewellery (except imitation)
- Sim cards
- Watches, including movements and other parts
Perishable foodstuffs and articles
- All perishable items, (including food, eggs, cakes, plants, flowers, seeds and medicines), may only be sent in accordance with the terms and conditions set out under the heading “Perishable foodstuffs and articles” in the “Restricted Goods” section of this page. In the case of consignments for delivery in the UK which contain perishable foodstuffs or articles, these must be sent by a guaranteed next delivery day service as a minimum requirement, and be able to withstand transit times of at least 48 hours. Claims for damage will not be accepted where the goods have perished and the parcel was delivered within 48 hours. Claims for damage caused by late delivery will not be accepted where this was outside of our control. In the case of consignments containing perishable foodstuffs or articles sent using our international Services, we will not pay compensation for loss or delay of the consignment or damage to the items.
Items excluded from compensation for damage:
In the case of these items, we will pay refunds in the case of delay and compensation for loss, but not damage to the items.
- All automotive vehicle parts and body work for example doors, bumpers and headlights
- Cakes of all types
- Cases (including suitcases and musical instrument cases) when used as external packaging
- Ceramics or composites wholly or partially made of china and/or porcelain
- Computer monitors - including laptops, all-in-one desktops and iMacs
- Fossils, fraganite, and stone items
- Marble or any stone derivatives including granite
- All furniture - flat packed and ready built including chairs
- Glass - items partially or wholly made of glass, for example; Glazed picture frames, Bottles or Crystal. Damage to other items in the parcel caused by broken glass will not be covered.
- Lighting - fluorescent tubes, neon lighting, X-ray tubes, light bulbs etc. or any other inherently fragile items
- Plaster items - including plaster of Paris, fibre clay
- Resin items - including amorphite, amber and composites
- Televisions - including CRT, LCD, LED and Plasma screens
Musical instruments are excluded from enhanced compensation.
Items which have appreciated in value either due to their scarcity or due to their being out of production are not excluded from cover. However, any loss of, or damage to, any collectable shall be limited to the actual price paid for the collectable and shall not exceed Parcelforce Worldwide stated limits of compensation as set out in the compensation table, subject to the customer providing satisfactory written or printed evidence.
Additional items excluded from compensation when using the global express service:
- Artwork, including any work created or developed by the application of skill, taste or creative talent for sale, display or collection. This includes without limitation, items such as paintings, drawings, vases, tapestries, limited-edition prints, fine art, statues, sculptures, collector's items, customised or personalised musical instruments or similar items
- Film, or photographic images, including photographic negatives, photographic chromes and photographic slides
- Other: any items or commodities that by their inherent nature are particularly susceptible to damage, or the market value of which is particularly variable or difficult to ascertain are also excluded from compensation cover.
Items sent overseas
Claims for compensation for loss or damage will not be accepted where the goods shipped are prohibited by the country of destination.